Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!
My husband LOVES bacon, but since I try to keep healthy food in the house, he finds himself not getting it very often. This bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken recipe is pretty much like cooking the chicken in the bacon grease and getting to eat the bacon, too!
You can even assemble this the night before and keep it in the fridge to pop in the oven when you get home from work for an easy weeknight meal!
If you’re planning on baking these right after you assemble them, then preheat the oven to 350.
First, I combined the cream cheese, scallions, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
You don’t want your chicken to take forever to cook! I cut the chicken breasts in half, put them between two pieces of plastic wrap, and used a meat pounder to get them to the desired thinness. This is how thin mine were.
I spread the filling on the chicken breasts. You can put as much as you want (You can always use a toothpick to hold it together if you need to.). I folded the longer side of the chicken breast over while pushing the cheese mixture back to it stays in.
Now time for the bacon! You can use as many slices as you like, but I used two for the longer breasts and 1 for the shorter ones. Wrap it around. If you need to, you can keep everything in place with a toothpick , but make sure you soak them in water first.
It almost looks like a lobster tail! Now, place all of your bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken breasts in a glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes (oven times may vary) at 350 degrees. Once the chicken is done, broil each side for 3-5 minutes depending on desired crispness of bacon. Serve immediately.
We cut them up and topped them with sour cream! It was delicious! Both my husband and the kids LOVED them! I bet it would be great over some pasta, too! Here is the amazing final product of bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken!
These are also pretty awesome the next day for lunch!
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5-6 ounces of cream cheese, softened
chopped scallions (use as little or as many as you like for flavor)
shredded colby jack cheese (use as much or as little as you like)
Bacon (2-4 pieces per chicken breast)
salt and pepper to taste
crushed red pepper (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)
- If baking right away, preheat the oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, scallions, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper if desired.
- Cut each chicken breast in half
- Please the halved breasts between plastic wrap and pound to desired thinness
- Scoop the mixture into the middle of the chicken breast and spread.
- Roll the chicken breast beginning with the longest side. Push the cheese mixture in to hold it in place.
- Wrap with 1 or 2 pieces of bacon and place in a glass baking dish *You may need to use a toothpick to hold it together depending on how much mixture you placed in the middle. Make sure to soak the toothpicks in water first.
- If you are saving for the next day, cover with foil and place in the fridge. If you are making these right away, bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Once the chicken is done, broil each side until your bacon is the crispness you prefer. Serve immediately. *We cut them up and topped them with sour cream. I’m thinking putting all of that over some egg noodles would be great, too!